Use of Force Statistics (2020 - 2022)
Yorktown Police Department General Order #3.04 Defines the Use of Force into the following classifications:
- Class 1 - The non-injurious use of or accidental discharge of a firearm. This classification will also include the destruction of any ANIMAL.
- Class 2 - The injurious (visible or non-visible) use of non-deadly force.
- Class 3 - The injurious use of deadly force.
- Class 4 - The fatal use of deadly force.
- Class 5 - The non-injurious use of non-deadly force.
- Class 6 - Brandish Only. The pointing of a firearm, TASER, BolaWrap or baton at a person.